Many small businesses in Texas followed the orders to shut down because of the COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic. For entrepreneurs this has been a struggle because that means no income is coming in, while expenses continue to pile up. Natalie Harres of NH Hairstyles kept her Plano business closed for several weeks until she was allowed to reopen by the State of Texas. She was gracious enough to talk with us about how she is following the appropriate guidelines to keep her clients and herself safe.
Fortunately for Natalie Harres, her clients were quick to book her schedule solid for the next several weeks as soon as salons were allowed to open in the State of Texas.
On top of the requirements mandated by the State of Texas, some additional safety measures Natalie has employed:
- Clients wait in their vehicles prior to appointments.
- No client is admitted to the salon without a mask.
- All clients are let in to the salon one at a time only, after notifying via phone of their arrival.
- Thorough cleaning after each appointment.
- An ample supply of gloves.
We visited Natalie after the interview and Daniel Burke was finally able to get his first post-lockdown haircut. Enjoy our video.